ThoughtSpot Technical Bootcamp started out as an intensive week long learning experience to onboard new ThoughtSpot employees in how to implement the platform. It assumes no prior knowledge of ThoughtSpot, but familiarity with database and business intelligence concepts is helpful.
The bootcamp includes live instruction, hands-on experience, and realistic lab exercises that expose students to common scenarios they will encounter in the field. To earn a bootcamp completion, students must attend all sessions and complete all labs. This rigorous program was expanded in 2019 to ThoughtSpot Partners and later opened up to customers, by popular demand.
This course covers material that helps prepare students to pass all three ThoughtSpot Certifications:
Upon completion, students will be able to implement a pilot or production deployment of ThoughtSpot.
Who Should Attend
- ThoughtSpot Implementation Partners
- ThoughtSpot Administrators who are implementing ThoughtSpot for the first time
- New team members who are responsible for a ThoughtSpot deployment
- ThoughtSpot Architects
Students should bring a laptop to class to complete the exercises and labs. Participants will be able to follow along in the bootcamp without these prerequisites but it will be helpful to have them.
- Common Linux command familiarity: scp, ssh, cd, pwd, unzip, ls, cat, vi
- SQL Data Definition Language (DDL): CREATE TABLE, CREATE DATABASE, ALTER TABLE, primary/foreign keys, star schema
If participants are using a Windows machine in class, they will need to install:
- A terminal emulator, like Putty
- An SCP client, like WinSCP
The below events are for the Sunnyvale, CA location only. To see other locations, please View the Calendar.